The Markus Library is happy to announce that The Rockefeller University is now a member of the Dryad Digital Repository.
The Dryad Digital Repository is a curated resource that makes published research data discoverable, freely reusable, and citable and is used by a number of institutions and publishers including Yale, Columbia, Stanford, UC Berkley, eLife, and Oxford University Press.
Dryad will provide members of the Rockefeller University with a general-purpose home for a wide diversity of data types and assist our researchers in complying with the new upcoming NIH Data Management and Sharing policy
Importantly Dryad is
- Flexible about data format, while encouraging the use and further development of research community standards.
- Fits into the manuscript submission workflow of its partner journals, making data submission easy.
- Assigns Digital Object Identifiers (DOIs) to data so that researchers can gain professional credit through data citation.
- Promotes data visibility through usage and download metrics and by allowing content to be indexed, searched and retrieved.
- Promotes data quality by employing professional curators to ensure the validity of the files and descriptive information.
- Contents are free to download and re-use under a Creative Commons Zero (CC0) license.
- Contents are preserved for the long term to guarantee access to contents indefinitely.
- Open source, standards-compliant technology.
For more information on how to use Dryad or deposit data to Dryad please contact the Markus Library (firstname.lastname@example.org) and watch out for our upcoming training session on Dryad.